Tuesday, November 02, 2004


Fair and Balanced My Ass --
Via the media blog Romenesko:

An interview of former Fox News correspondent David Shuster.


JournalismJobs.com: Back to Fox, in one of your blogs in mid-October, you referred to Fox News as the 'partisan worst' in broadcast news. Why is that?


David Shuster: I'll just let that comment stand. I think it's not that difficult for people who watch Fox compared to other news organizations to be able to tell what the difference is.


JournalismJobs.com: Is that why you left Fox?


David Shuster: I left Fox for a variety of reasons, primarily because I thought I had a better opportunity at an organization like NBC. I had a great time while I was at Fox. I had developed some great friends. I led their coverage of the Clinton investigation and had a lot of support from Fox News Channel management during that period. I just felt I had done about as much as I could do at Fox and felt that in the long run it wasn't a great place for me to be. I prefer to work at a news organization that simply lets the chips fall where they may. I felt in the long run NBC was a better organization to do that than Fox.

(8:55 PM)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home