Wednesday, March 08, 2006


Living with Tares - Christianity Today Magazine --
Christianity Today Magazine brings us the Rt. Rev. Edward S. Little II, Episcopalian bishop of Northern Indiana, who ponders theologically conservative Christians leaving liberal denominations, but does not wish to join the exodus.


Why do I not join those who have left or are leaving? Why do I stay? Serving a broken and divided church is a hard calling, and I do not minimize the difficulty of the task or the inevitable disappointments that I will encounter on the journey. But the Lord, for his good purpose, has (I humbly believe) thrown into one church Christians of radically different and sometimes theologically incompatible perspectives. Is it possible that in the midst of this painful discontinuity, he may do a work that none of us can foresee? It is in that hope and in remembering that he is Lord of the church and in charge of the big picture that I follow Jesus in the Episcopal Church.
(4:38 PM)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home