Tuesday, May 13, 2003


--
Just to see who reads this thing. . . news from my life. Haven't told very many people about this, but it was only settled last week.


Starting next week, I will be gone for four weeks, mostly in the Philippines. You'll likely see something in this space over that time, but obviously, updates will be sparse.


I'm mostly worried about my fantasy baseball team. I'm in first place, but I keep getting hit by injuries. Formerly Antonia Alfonseca, Alan Embree, and Milton Bradley. Currently, Tony Armas, Chad Fox, and, most recently, Ray Durham. I picked up Orlando Hudson, narrowly picking him over Ronnie Belliard, to replace Durham. The rest of my lineup (with two utilty slots) are: Mike Piazza, Raul Ibanez, Eric Hinske, Aaron Boone (who qualifies at ss), Austin Kearns, Endy Chavez, Tim Salmon, Hee Seop Choi, and Milton Bradley, with Terrence Long as my only positional backup.


For my starting pitchers, I went with a high K-rate, youth-oriented foursome, with the aforementioned Armas, Kerry Wood, Javy Vazquez, and Casey Fossum. I picked up Tim Redding off waivers when Armas went down. I've had success with low picks in the bullpen. Right now, my only pure closer is Scott Williamson. Alfonseca lost his closer role to injury and Embree exploded when he had a chance to get decent saves, but I've had success with Damaso Marte, Francisco Cordero, and Jason Grimsley.


Eh. We'll see.

(9:57 PM)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home