Saturday, August 23, 2003


--
Parties Expect Janklow's Collision to End His Career (washingtonpost.com)


Well, I'm not going to talk about the ramifications of Janklow's seat in Congress. Instead, I'll just talk about this line: "[The victim] was not wearing a helmet, but a police investigator said a helmet would not have prevented his death."


I'm not a fan of laws requiring seat belts or motorcycle helmets, but I am a fan of using the government to use proper safety. My idea? If you are killed or injured in a vehicular accident, you (or your family) can't sue for damages that would probably not have occurred had you been using a helmet or seat belts. And prosecution of the driver at fault will follow similar lines. Of course, this won't change a thing in the Janklow case.

(10:53 PM)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home