Friday, January 04, 2008


Why Obama Is the Way He Is --
BooMan has an insightful post on how Obama's campaign has been non-confrontational by necessity.


Regardless, I haven't written anything (that I can remember) bashing Obama for his tone or style or lack of combativeness or partisanship. Many people I really respect, like Chris Bowers, have been almost obsessed with these aspects of Obama's campaign. It's surprised me. Obama and Bowers are like twins separated at birth, but Bowers has struggled to get past discordant rhetoric from the Obama campaign. In my view, Obama's rhetoric has been finely calibrated to reassure white people, the media, the Beltway, the business community, and the Blue Dogs and moderates. He took the progressives a bit for granted because, frankly, he had that luxury.
(3:52 PM)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home