Tuesday, January 06, 2004


--
Here is a comment I had to this post:


The descent of some portions of the left into shrill whininess is problem that Kushner diagnoses well. And it is for this reason that I support Howard Dean, solely on the issues even if every candidate in the field had exactly the same support and the nomination was completely up in the air.


I started exploring Howard Dean way back in November 2002. I'd be a bit hesitant to bring this up with the crowds that go to Dean Meetups, but I feel more comfortable here. The first inkling that I had that Dean was on to something was when I read his position on health care, a stance that he enunicated clearly in the televised Sunday debate. The plan of giving more people access to an admittedly flawed system before fixing the system stikes me as a wonderfully pragmatic step towards idealistic goals. It's not a starry-eyed approach similar to what the White House Bush League went for and is still going for in Iraq. It's not an ego-centric grasp for instant gratification. It's a long-term plan.


And this is what I like about Howard Dean and why I think he's better than any other Democrat running for president (though of course, any of those lesser Democrats are superior to Bush).

(10:19 PM)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home