Tuesday, March 25, 2003


--
Saddam's Paramilitary Sows More Confusion


Iraqi troops are being accused of faking surrenders and disguising themselves as civilians. The meme being used by all the 24-hour news channels, no doubt invented by Pentagon psy ops, is "dirty tricks." And a marvelous job that is.


I wonder though, if these tactics are really "dirty." Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but my guess is that they aren't banned under any Geneva Convention or grounds for putting someone before a war crimes tribunal. I base this hypothesis on the fact that they quote international treaty and law in condemning video of American P.O.W.'s being interrogated by Iraq, but do not do the same when criticizing "dirty tricks."


My guess is that hiding troops as civilians is about as "dirty" as hiding spies as civilians or hitting below the belt in a fight. There are some who think that targeting genitals is major no-no in a brawl. I'm not of that mind. Unless government passes a law making a low blow illegal, your testicles are mine.


A word to the wise: piss me off and you better start wearing a cup.








(8:08 PM)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home